Re: delete NAT conntrack entry.

Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> On May 10 2007 16:10, ??? wrote:
> >We have some problems with nat.
> >We want to relay "udp packet" from a host to other host using SNAT, DNAT.
> >
> >iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp -d PACKET.RELAY.HOST.IP --dport 10000
> >-j DNAT --to-destination TO.OTHER.HOST.IP:10000
> >iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -p udp -d TO.OTHER.HOST.IP --dport 10000 -j
> >SNAT --to-source PACKET.RELAY.HOST.IP:10000
> >
> >It works well. But after removing the rules, packet still transferred. I can
> >find the conntrack entry in /proc/net/stat/ip_conntrack.
> >We know libnfnetlink & libnetfilter_conntrack with kernel 2.6 can delete
> >conntrack entries from userspace. But we use Redhat linux 2.4.21-32.EL.
> >How can I delete specified conntrack entry in kernel 2.4 without kernel code
> >??
>
> I suppose that the reason that "conntrack" (the userspace tool to
> monitor/delete conntrack entries) was written is because there was no
> prior way to do it from userland. (In short: you are toast with 2.4)
>
> Or wait for the UDP connection tracking timeout to happen.

Sometimes this may not be possible if the traffic doesn't stop long enough
for it to time out.  I wish I had known about conntrack when I had this
problem occur.  I just set the UDP timeout to 1 second (fortunately, that
worked).

If it were possible that when a rule like that is deleted, all active
conntrack entries that this rule causes would be removed.

 Got Gas???