Re: How to mangle source packet source ports to a fixed range

Hello,

Steve a écrit :
I have a need to set the source packet's high (unprivileged) source ports to a fixed range of high ports on a firewall providing NAT.

NAT = source NAT (or masquerading) ?

The goal is to be able to identify the inside machines at the destination after NAT has changed the addresses. This is for identification only. I do not need to connect back to the machines inside the firewall. I realize this may break certain protocols which may use dedicated unprivileged ports.

i.e.:

PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp -s 192.168.0.x --sport 1024:65535 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 2000-2200

The above modifies the destination port based on the source port.

Not only it modifies the destination port but also the destination address.

 I wish to modify the source port (  --from-ports ? ).

POSTROUTING [...] -j SNAT --to-source [ipaddr[-ipaddr]]:port-port
or
POSTROUTING [...] -j MASQUERADE --to-ports port-port