Re: How to filter packets resulting from hosts with dynamic IP-address

Frank Petran wrote:
Port knocking is in my opinion a little bit clumsy to use especially if the users involved are no experts and something goes wrong.

I was thinking that the port knocking would be for nothing more than a request for the router to initiate an update with the information that it found, not with any thing that is provided by the port knock. I.e. the only thing that a port knock will do is request an update, NOT provide the information for the update.

Grant. . . .