iptables 1.3.7 - match multiport requiring module ip_tables -built in- in kernel 2.6.19.2

Hi,

    I am using Slackware 10.2 and updated kernel to 2.6.19.2, because
I need suport to pptp NAT.
    Kernel configured and compiled OK. Almost all NETFILTER built-in.
    Iptables 1.3.7 compiled OK.
    All my rules, including other matchs (state) than multiport
worked fine, but, lines using multiport returned FATAL: no ip_tables
module. There is no ip_tables because it is compiled in, I thought.
    Only way to solve: mark everything ( didn't test one by one )
about netfilter as Module and recompiled the kernel.
    This way, iptables 1.3.7 working with my rules.

    Please, did I miss something?

    Really thank you for your attention.

Regards,

Freitas