Re: Problems with the ROUTE extension on a 2.6.18 or 2.6.19 Kernel

Am Mittwoch, den 17 Januar hub Feighery, Patrick D. folgendes in die Tasten:

> I have an application that makes use of the ROUTE extension which has
> been running on a 2.6.17 kernel for some time now.  I am trying move
> this app to either a 2.6.18 or a 2.6.19 based kernel.  This requires
> getting the ROUTE extension to work with that kernel.

> I started with a 2.6.18.2 kernel and iptables version 1.3.6 after I
> applied patch-o-matic and rebuilt the kernel, I tried something simple
> like

> 	iptables -t ROUTE -F
[...]

Are you sure that this has worked before?
As far as I know ROUTE is a target (to be used via -j ROUTE) and *not*
an iptables *table* like filter, nat, mangle or raw.

Maybe
$ iptables -j ROUTE --help
is a starting point?

So the question is what have you done with older kernels regarding the
ROUTE target and if *that* is still working.

Ciao
Max
--
	Follow the white penguin.