Problems with the ROUTE extension on a 2.6.18 or 2.6.19 Kernel

I have an application that makes use of the ROUTE extension which has
been running on a 2.6.17 kernel for some time now.  I am trying move
this app to either a 2.6.18 or a 2.6.19 based kernel.  This requires
getting the ROUTE extension to work with that kernel.

I started with a 2.6.18.2 kernel and iptables version 1.3.6 after I
applied patch-o-matic and rebuilt the kernel, I tried something simple
like

	iptables -t ROUTE -F

Iptables returns :Can't initialize iptables table 'ROUTE': Table does
not exist (do you need to insmod?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

lsmod | grep ROUTE      indicates the modules is there and dmesg does
not show anything

I then tried the same with a 2.6.19.2 kernel and iptables versions
1.3.7.  Again applied patch-o-matic and rebuilt the kernel.
Unfortunately the same error occurred.

I realize that the ROUTE extension may be unsupported.  But it allows
you to perform some really cool features that I can't find any other
techniques to provide a similar function.

Any thoughts...

	Pat

feighery@xxxxxxxxx