looking for a tool to handle initial configuration of a firewall

I just installed a new system with debian etch.  I need to configure
it as a router/firewall to protect the very vulnurable windows
machines.  I am wondering if there a tool handy to help with this, or
a good sample script I could use?

thanks

Bill Ries-Knight
Stockton, CA