Re: How make virtual interfaces ( subinterfaces ) on linux machine

On 2006-12-06, Elvir Kuric <omasnjak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I will try this, but I need to read more about this
> topic, so that is reason why I asked for materail to
> read, you wrote solution, and that is great, but if I
> want relly understand this I need to read much more?

Iptables Tutorial [http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/]
Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control [http://www.lartc.org/]

I know, it's only a summary but nice to read.

One hint: study iproute2. It's replacement for ifconfig/route commands
and provides a lot of more features than the old ones.

-- Petr