Re: Re: ip routing after changing mac address to a virtual one

Hi Mike,

Yes, eth1 gets its IP address from DHCP server. DHCP
server always gives me the same IP address because it
knows my MAC address. So I only can get a different IP
address by changing my MAC address.

B.R

Sina

>trying to understand your question better -- does
eth1 use dhcp to get
>a connection from the ISP?
>
>On 11/25/06, first last  wrote:
>> Hi all.
>>
>>  I have a SuSE Linux box with two network
interfaces.
>> An ethernet which I use to connect to the ISP, and
>> wireless interface to share Internet with my room
>> mate. The problem is when I change the MAC address
of
>> my ethernet card (eth1) in order to get a different
IP
>> address from ISP, iptables no longer does the
>> masquerading, thus my friend can't access to the
>> Internet anymore. I try to restart iptables but
>> nothing happens. Our guess is that iptables uses
real
>> mac addresses of network interfaces to forward and
NAT