Re: ipset: how to run non-root

Maximilian Wilhelm wrote:
Am Samstag, den 18 November hub Mike Wright folgendes in die Tasten:

I'm trying to use ipset from a php script on an apache server.

Does anybody know how I might accomplish this?

I never used ipset, but you could use a generic trick:
 Set the owner of the ipset binary back to root and set the suid bit
 which will result in the ability for everyone who can execute the
 binary to do this "as root".

Excellent!  Worked out of the box with no problems.

You might want to think about an execution restriction (e.g. via the group)
to prevent people who should no fiddle with ipset from doing so.

Done!  As a paranoid I really like that advice.

I hope you have some access control via your web application...

https, ip, user

Danke,
:m)