From: netfilter-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:netfilter-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mato Vidovic
Sent: Donnerstag, 09. November 2006 06:41
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: iptables + ROUTE

Hi,

I am new in iptables world - and after reading many discussions and studying
iptables manpages etc. I am
still missing a piece of puzzle to solve the following problem.
I have a need to perform TOS based traffic routing.
That means I have two interfaces (say eth0 and eth1) to backbone and I need
to route the real-time critical
IP traffic over eth1 and the remaining IP traffic over eth0.
After a lot of experimenting I came to the conclusion that something like
the following would do:

# iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -m tos --tos  16 -j ROUTE --oif eth1
# iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -m tos --tos !16 -j ROUTE --oif eth0

Unfortunately the Linux box says:
"No chain/target/match by that name"

The kernel I use is 2.6.18, iptables version is the last debian stable
version 1.2.11.

Any idea what is wrong here (am I missing something in the configuration, or
a library, or am I completely wrong maybe.)?

Thanks for any help.

Br.
Mato