ethernet mac filter configuration (fwd)

What, if any, user space command is available/recommended
for adding/deleting MAC addresses and masks to hardware
based ARC/CAM/MAC address filter memory on chip.

I've done a driver for a new 10/100 MAC/PHY combo (currently
running on ARM) that has on chip memory and logic for
this kind of filtration.

I'm aware of the kernel multicast support and I've tied
my set_multicast_list() function to needed chip interface
but can't find a standard user space command to instantiate
the list with MAC addresses/masks.

Thnx v much,
johnh

.
John Heil
South Coast Software
Custom firmware, device drivers and board bring up services
Ph: 1-714-774-6952
Fx: 1-714-774-7053
www.sc-software.com
email: johnhscs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx