Fwd: Critque of IPTables Firewall

There are many guides on how to write a firewall script functionally,
but form is disregarded. Is the following a decent, well written
firewall (Form, not function)? It's is clear and easy to follow? In
the event that I get hit by a bus would someone else with IPTables
experience be able to pick up where I left off?

Has anyone from the Netfilter's list thought about writing a
Best-Practices guide not from the functional side, but rather the form
side of writing IPTABLES scripts and what not?