Re: Compiling 1.3.6

Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:
Patrick McHardy wrote:

Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:

min_ip and max_ip type has been changed from u_int32_t to __be32 that is
not defined in userspace, this breaks iptables compilation. Attached a
patch that recovers the use of u_int32_t. I'm not sure if this is the
best fix so let me know what you think.

I think we should just define the endian-annotation types in userspace.
Does this patch fix compilation?

But this breaks previous iptables version with new kernels :(.  An
alternative can be exporting ipt_iprange.h to iptables/include although this is also a hack.

Forget the alternative, it won't work either

--
The dawn of the fourth age of Linux firewalling is coming; a time of great struggle and heroic deeds -- J.Kadlecsik got inspired by J.Morris