Re: DNAT problem

Hello,

> OK, SNAT and DNAT do not support multiple --to any more in kernels above
> 2.6.10. But it is unclear to me whether they still support one IP
> address *range* (with round robin) or only one single IP address.
The range is still accepted as option for iptables 1.3.6, but it has no effect
with 2.6.17.3 (so I assume that it is indeed the "NAT+round robin" capability
which has gone in Kernels > 2.6.10/11). It doesn't matter if I use the SAME or
the DNAT target in PREROUTING -

> The SAME target won't do round robin for the same source address. It
> will only do round robin for separate source addresses.
>
> What about the BALANCE target ? It's in the man page, but I had never
> heard of it.
In iptables 1.3.6 BALANCE is not available (nor is it available in the 2.6.17.3
source). Obsolete? And I fear that it would not help, because the problem is
the missing round robin/load balancing in the Kernel.

Maybe LVS is a solution -

Thanks and Best Regards, Stefan Friedel
--
Zentrale Dienste - Interdisziplinäres Zentrum für Wissenschaftliches
Rechnen der Universität Heidelberg - IWR - INF 368, 69120 Heidelberg