Re: DNAT problem

Hello,

Marco Berizzi a écrit :

In Kernels up to 2.6.10 you can add several --to-destination options.
For those kernels, if you specify more than one destination address,
either via an address range or multiple --to-destination options, a
simple round-robin (one after another in cycle)  load  balancing
takes place between these addresses.  Later Kernels (>= 2.6.11-rc1)
don't have the ability to NAT to multiple ranges anymore.

OK, SNAT and DNAT do not support multiple --to any more in kernels above 2.6.10. But it is unclear to me whether they still support one IP address *range* (with round robin) or only one single IP address.

Maybe the SAME target extension will help you.

The SAME target won't do round robin for the same source address. It will only do round robin for separate source addresses.

What about the BALANCE target ? It's in the man page, but I had never heard of it.