Re: Marks set in PREROUTING got lost

> What marks, per-packet marks or per-connection marks?

I am not sure, how to distinguish, I just mark all pakets that pass
through a certain user defined chain. I guess this is a mark per packet.
The particular chain lookes like this:

Chain FWD_WWW-101 (2 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           quota:
100000000 bytes
MARK       all  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           MARK
set 0x65
ACCEPT     all  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           quota:
1000000 bytes
MARK       all  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           MARK
set 0x1

The goal is to provide full network speed for all NATed computers
for a certain amount of bytes (first quota match), then mark their
packets individually (each computer has its own mangle chain
(FWD_WWW-$computernumber)) with its computernumber in hex, so tc can
slow down their connection to 56k and after the "slow quota" is used
up, the users packets get a different mark  (mark 1) and get a DNAT
to an Over Quota webpage, when the user tries to access an outside
webpage, other connectionattempts get droped.

The problem is now, that pakets get marked with the mark 0x1, but in
PREROUTING nat table, this mark never appears.

Thanks, Clemens