Re: iptables: Unknown error 4294967295

Thus spake Daniel De Graaf on Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 07:37:13PM CDT
> The (unsigned)(-1) is a known bug (#460 in bugzilla), fixed in
> subversion versions of iptables.
> However, it is only an invalid reporting of the error; the fixed
> version would output "iptables: Invalid Argument".
>
> The error is because SNAT must be in POSTROUTING, not PREROUTING.

Thanks.  I had just discovered this.  I'm trying to wrangle a VPN into shape
and feeling my way.  Sorry for the noise!

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Fighting against human |     PGP public key
FMP Computer Services |    creativity is like   |      available at