please....help;me do nat rule need refresh?

Please i am trying to understand this question:

if i set up a rule in the postrouting chain for a snat with port specification, let'say rtp flow ...do i need to deploy keèpalive methods or does iptables store the rule even if there is more tha afew minutes of silence....of there is a timer ...what is it by default?
Thanks to anyone who could kindly answer me.....