Re: netfilter Digest, Vol 26, Issue 14

> From: Rob Carlson <rcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Alternatives to --check option
>
> Is there any way of being able to tell how iptables is handling a
> package from a particular address short of actually sending something
> from said address?

There are several tools for penetration testing that work (nmap, etc), but
you might also give my "passive testing tool" a try:
http://itval.sourceforge.net.  It constructs a model of your rule set and
answers queries about the behavior.  Unfortunately, right now, it doesn't
understand IPSET matches, but I'll see if I can add that functionality to
the next version for you.

Robert Marmorstein