Re: Tough suspected MTU problem

Jorge,
Thanks for the tip, but yes I did try to change the MTU on both sides.
I tried 10 values from 576 to 1440 on both sides at the same time, but
the results were always the same: loads of TCP lost segments and dup
ACKs.
I did try something else:
I replace my Linux NAT box with an ADSL modem doing NAT, and the
problem disappeared. No more lost segments. I could finally use HTTPS
and SSH again. I kept this setup for hours and it ran without a
glimpse. This means the Linux box is the one at fault here.

Back with the linux box, when looking for solutions, I also read that
link negotiation issues gave the same symptoms for some people. So I
checked that as well, but all seems fine, both eth cards in the Linux
box have properly negotiated their speed and duplex mode. I dont know
if it matters but the NIC setup I have is as follow:
eth0 is an old Tulip 10mpbs NIC (using the de2104x driver) and is
connected to an ADSL modem working in bridge mode.
eth1 is a 100mbps card and is connected to the local network

so far, I tried:
- changing MTU values on NATed clients and server
- clamping the MSS to PMTU on the Linux NAT box
- trying different txqueuelen values
- checking the link negotiation
but none of these solved the problem...

I m really stuck here as I have no idea where to search next.
Thanks for your help.