Re: [MASQUERADING] iptables keeps sending from old IP after ppp0's IP has changed

Hello,

Jan Engelhardt a écrit :
Every night the router's ppp0 goes down and after about a minute up again with a new IP. But iptables keeps on sending the NATted UDP packets _from_ the old IP address. `iptables -F` and reloading the rules doesn't help. The only workaround is to stop asterisk on the NAT client for about 2 minutes.

That is how it is. The -t nat table is only consulted for NEW connections.

Why isn't this table deleted when ppp0 goes down?

netfilter does not know it has gone down, I think.

Unlike SNAT, isn't the MASQUERADE target supposed to delete obsolete masqueraded conntrack entries when the related interface goes down - or maybe when it goes up again with a different address ?

How can I force iptables to use ppp0's real IP address as sender IP in outgoing packets?

Flush the conntrack table when ppp0 has gone up (yes, up)

Why not when ppp0 has gone down ?