Re: Problems configuring iptables

Pablo Sanchez wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: netfilter-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:netfilter-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Matt Singerman
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 2:58 PM
To: Martijn Lievaart
Cc: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Problems configuring iptables

it took an extremely long time for the connection to go through. Once it connected, it runs at normal speed, but it took a good 30 or 40 seconds for ssh to prompt me for my password. What could be causing this? I am guessing it is some sort of routing issue?

Usually this means ssh isn't resolving properly.  I'd guess your
/etc/resolv.conf file isn't setup properly.  Ensure the nameserver values
point to your ISP.

Cheers,
---
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926          Toll free:  888.459.1926
Cell:  819.918.9731                Pgr:  pablo_p@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fax:   603.720.7723 (US)

Hi Pablo,

resolv.conf appears to be set up correctly. Also, if I turn off the firewall and just let traffic flow through the bridge unfettered, connections are much snappier. Actually, if I flush the rules, it is just as fast with the firewall off. Any ideas what else it could be?