RE: block multimedia protocols

One thought is to use L7 (http://l7-filter.sourceforge.net/) to classify by
protocol and DROP accordingly.  I don't believe there will be a single
solution which will cover your needs so you'll have to cobble a solution
together; not terribly difficult I would think.  Try to shoot to block 95%
of the castings.  :)

-pablo