From: netfilter-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Don Gould
Sent: Sat 05-Aug-06 11:52
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: SMTP Redirect - 'This is it'...

Hi,

Is there a way to fool the mail client into thinking that a call to
'smtp.someonelse.whateva.com' is my local server?

I have people visiting my network with laptops.

Getting mail off their POP server is no problem.

Sending mail is a problem as my up stream provider blocks links....

So I want my server on my network to intercept the call on port 25 for a
remote smtp server and then just lie to the laptop.

This gives me the advantage of not having to reconfigure the users
machine when they leave my network.

Cheers Don
--
Don Gould