Re: common FTP+NAT problem

Ernesto Silva a écrit :
I wrote the "RELATED" specification because I thought port 20 and the rest of the connections (in passive and active mode) may be handled by ip_conntrack_ftp and ip_nat_ftp in an "automagically" way.

This is what happens, at least partly :
- ip_conntrack_ftp, by monitoring the FTP control connections, identifies the first packet of an FTP data connection as RELATED ; - ip_nat_ftp, with the help of ip_conntrack_ftp, does the necessary NAT on FTP data connections.

But you still have the job of writing rules to decide their fate, whether they must be accepted or dropped.

Anyway, I used your suggestion (which I already knew)

Ok, sorry for doubting.