Re: common FTP+NAT problem

Hi Baltasar,

Sorry, it was a typo, _nat is defined as "iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING" so thats not the problem.

I was not clear enough, I don't have an ftp server, I just want to access internet ftp servers from my internal network
which is protected by the firewall. The firewall itself don't have any other running service but iptables.

Regards, and many thanks,
--
Ing. Ernesto Silva.
Coordinador de Desarrollo Web y Sistemas Abiertos

former03 | Baltasar Cevc wrote:
Hi Ernesto, hi everybody,

_fwd="iptables -A FORWARD"
_nat="iptables -A POSTROUTING"

Postrouting is in the nat table, so you have to add "-t nat" to _nat and make it
   _nat="iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING"

I'm having a problem to access internet ftp servers from my internal network. I understand the ftp connection but I don't have enough information about ip_conntrack_ftp and ip_nat_ftp modules, so here is my situation.

Apart from that you will need more rules for FTP, that's the tricky part. What worked well for me was using vsftpd with a port specifiaction for the data connections and allow these ports in INPUT|FORWARD. It may work using the ftp conntack module, but I don't know anything about that. You will have to add some port 20 rule, though.

Baltasar

--
Baltasar Cevc

_____ former 03 gmbh