Netfilter, bridging firewall and PPPoE

Hi,

I've looked around list archives, and failed to find a solution (or maybe it eluded me).

I'm trying to place a bridging firewall between ADSL modem and another host (also a Linux box). Is it possible to configure Netfilter on the bridge to filter IP traffic that is encapsulated in PPPoE packets? From what I have observed, the Netfilter simply doesn't see that any traffic is going over the bridge, and will let everything pass (looks like it simply ignores PPPoE packets).

I've observed similar thing on the host that is behind the bridge. Netfilter doesn't see PPPoE packets on Ethernet interface, it only sees packets as they come out of (virtual) PPP interface.

--
See Ya' later, alligator!
http://www.8-P.ca/