Re: Transparent proxy errors

Isaiah Makwakwa wrote:
> Diaa,
>
> How do you do it?
>
> Isaiah
>> Rodrigo Montoro wrote:
>>>   You can't use transparent proxy with SSL cause headers are
>>> encrypted and contains no useful data about destinations.
>> You can use it ,there is nothing will stop iptables from forwarding the
>> requests to your proxy ports.
>>
>>> Regards,

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --destination-port 80 -j REDIRECT
--to-ports 3128

yes it's not important to redirect 433(it will not work if you will
do),it depends on your proxy server configuration you should allow the
433 for https.

If you are using squid I'll recommend you to have these options :

httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_with_proxy on
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on