a question about netfilter/ipt matcher

Hi,

I have a question about implement a ipt matcher in kernel space. upon
receiving a packet, i want to ship this packet to a hardware pattern
match accelerator to do some scan. when the scan result come back from
the accelerator(after a while) then I tell the ipt/netfilter if i got
a match or not. I am not sure if the current netfilter/ipt_match
infrastructure support this kind of non-blocking matcher or if  it
does suport, how can i do it in practical. Thanks in advance and
please CC me on reply since I am not subscribed to the list.

regards,

Alex