Re: Problems with Routing and masquerading

Hello,

Vinod Chandran a écrit :

I have a linux box which balances load between two interfaces ( say WAN1 and WAN2). I have masquerading on for any request coming from LAN to the outside world.

The setup is in such a way that WAN1 drops packets with source ip belonging to WAN2's network and viceversa. For some strange reason, I find that packet coming out from the WAN interface has source address of WAN2 and thereby getting dropped.
[...]

If you use MASQUERADE and alternate routing tables based on source address or fwmark, try to use SNAT instead if possible. MASQUERADE does not work well with advanced routing.