Configuring netfilter for pptp connections

Sorry if this is a FAQ.  Searching the archives is very
difficult.

I have a small LAN, connected to the Internet via a Red
Hat Fedora Core 3 firewall running netfilter.  I would like
to run the Microsoft VPN software on a windows machine
on this network and connect to a VPN server located on
the Internet side of the firewall.  The windows server
uses NAT to connect to the Internet.

I configured the VPN client while it was directly on the
Internet, and it works fine.  When I try to connect from
behind the firewall it fails to connect.

Searching for help on the Internet has not been very
productive.  Everything I can find on the net is very old.
Linux kernels 2.2 and 2.4.  I'm currently running 2.6.12 with
iptables 1.2.11.

--
Harold Pritchett
harold@xxxxxxx                                +1.706.546.0692