Passwords and user names

Hi all

I am trying to set up a home network. how do I do the following. I am
also Taking a network management paper and don't understand how it is
done.

I have one wireless computer on my network and a computer on a
ethernet both connected to the internet thourgh a firewall using
IPTABLES what Rules do I use to make the wireless computer use
user-based authenentication on the proxy to access http and ftp I am
using squid web Caching also.

Thanks for any help you can give

David