Re: Is there a way....

It's similar in concept to having several
computers that need an IP address from a DHCP
server.

The DHCP server has a range of addresses it hands
out.  It assigns an IP address for each host that
asks for one, up until it doesn't have anymore
address available.  They are assinged to a MAC
addr for a period of time.  When the time has
expired, the address may be used by a different
machine.

So in this case, he wants to set up a NAT Pool (to
use a Cisco term), of say ... /24.  Then all
machines can randomly be assinged an address out
of that pool, for a period of time.  After the
time has expired (and the session has ended), the
address is available for the next host.  This goes
on until all the addresses in the pool have been
used up.  For the /24 pool we setup, a total of
256 hosts could be NAT'd on a 1-to-1 basis.

i.e.,

 - 256 Network Address Translations may occur.

 - 256 hosts will have a uniq "outside" public
   IP address.

1 (NAT) ip address is assigned to each host,
or 1-to-1

--
kelly
http://home1.gte.net/res0psau/index.html#Hang-Gliding-Stuff

	   --    --
	     \  /
	      \/
	      /\
	     /  \
	   --    --

Quoting David Sims <dpsims@xxxxxxxxxx>:
        Hi,

          Multiple calls can be going on simultaneously and each call needs to
        appear to originate from a different IP address.... The IP addresses can
        be 'reused' but the packets need to be mapped into a given IP address for
        the duration of a 'call' (terminal session)....

          I have 2000 to 2500 devices on one side (the private address space) and
        only 250 availble sessions on the other side (the address space into which
        I want to NAT them)....

        Dave