Re: Is there a way....

This link may have an answer.  I haven't read the
entire thing but, it talks about netfilter and the
iproute2 utility.

http://www.policyrouting.org/PolicyRoutingBook/ONLINE/CH08.web.html

It's an online copy of a book (I have the hard
copy).  It's a very good book.

	Policy Routing With Linux - Online Edition
	by Matthew G. Marsh

http://www.policyrouting.org/PolicyRoutingBook/ONLINE/TOC.html

--
kelly
http://home1.gte.net/res0psau/index.html#Hang-Gliding-Stuff

	   --    --
	     \  /
	      \/
	      /\
	     /  \
	   --    --

Quoting David Sims <dpsims@xxxxxxxxxx>:
        Hi,

          I want to use Linux to do NAT between some 192.168.x.x addresses
        in a routed network on one side and a single 10.0.0.x/24 on the other
        side. I want to do one-to-one NAT but in a dynamic way... such that a
        calling address is NATed into the next available 10.0.0.x/24.... in a
        round robin sort of way... IS there a way to do this using NETFILTER??
        If not NETFILTER, then how??

          This sort of thing is common in many-to-one NAT (port-address
        translation)... but I need each call to come from a separate NATed IP
        address to support my application (TN3270 session)... It's OK to reuse
        addresses after a call (session) is complete, but each session needs to
        come from it's own fixed (for the duration of the session) IP address....

          The exact application that I am trying to support is connecting to an
        IBM mainframe from random hosts in a routed network via an Attachmate
        gateway where calling addresses are mapped into terminal sessions on a 1:1
        basis.... Port address translation won't work because all calls appear to
        eminate from the single IP address.... I need to do 1:1 NAT but only on a
        temporary basis where once a call is complete the NAT address can be used
        by another caller...

          Clues? Suggestions? Examples?

        TIA,

        Dave