SNAT or MASQ or both?

I'm creating a gateway that has dynamic addresses for most of the
internal machines.  I'm using masquerading successfully but my
question is this...i have some machines for which I want to use static
internal addresses...do i need to setup an snat rule for these
machines or is masquerading adequate?  A brief sentence in a how-to
made me think maybe masquerading wasn't the right way to go for these
machines...but i'm not sure.

Thanks in advance.
Dennis