Re: Linux 2.6.17-rc1: /sbin/iptables does not find kernel netfilter

Nix wrote:
I cetainly did. A simple `make oldconfig' ends up zapping pretty much
all the old iptables CONFIG_ options, so you end up with not much of
iptables or netfilter left.

I must admit not quite understanding why the xtables stuff is needed:
I thought that was needed for userspace connection tracking, which
while it sounds cool isn't something I'm using yet.

Beeing bitten by such issues in the past, I always diff the old and the new config and look for anything suspicious going down.

--
André Tomt