Re: states and UDP

T. Horsnell wrote:
Am I right in thinking that the stateful capabilities
of iptables (NEW/ESTABLISHED/RELATED etc) only apply to
tcp connections? If not, how are these states defined for
udp?

iptables doesnt complain if I add a rule containing
'-p udp -m state --state NEW'

Thanks,
Terry.

any tracked connection can have state. For instance, one could write a conneciton tracker for NFS over UDP mounts and use the state flag in firewall rules. That's not a real example (to my knowledge), I'm just showing that the capability is there.