Re: lost UDP packets with matching NAT rules

  Hi,

On Tuesday 14 February 2006 10:34, Keserű Kornél wrote:
> I'm using iptables (v1.3.4 on a 2.6.15.3 kernel) in order to NAT
> incoming UDP packets arriving on a single IP:port (1-1 rules in PRE-
> and POSTROUTING chains in the nat table). I found out that packets are

  Why do you need two rules here? Redirecting incoming UDP packets to a
single IP:port has nothing to do with POSTROUTING, it's a single rule on
PREROUTING.

> How could I find out, why are the packets lost? Is there a log entry
> somewhere that says if an UDP packet was dropped because of... ?

  Try monitoring /proc/net/stat/ip_conntrack. I guess the number you find
in the insert_failed column will match the number of dropped packets.

--
 KOVACS Krisztian