Re: SNAT round-robin broken?

  Hi,

On Monday 13 February 2006 15:10, Khoa Nguyen wrote:
> >   Have you tried it with more than one internal IP address connecting
> > to multiple destination addresses? Netfilter chooses the translated
> > source IP based on the source and destination address of the original
> > connection.
>
> Yes, if I tried with more than one internal IP address, the SNAT code
> would map to a different source IP address. This behaviour, however,
> is different from that of kernel 2.4.x ? I used to be able to simulate
> thousands of clients with SNAT and just one internal IP address. Is it
> possible to force the same round-robin behaviour in 2.6.12 kernel?

  Unfortunately not, at least not without modifying the source code :) The
behaviour of the NAT code changed when Rusty's NAT simplifications were
merged in 2.6.11. I personally think this new behaviour is better than
the old one, as it provides increased performance and better cooperation
with load balancing solutions and other NAT-sensitive equipment.

  Why exactly do you want to achieve the round-robin behaviour for one
internal IP?

--
 KOVACS Krisztian