http://home1.gte.net/res0psau/index.html#Hang-Gliding-Stuff

	   --    --
	     \  /
	      \/
	      /\
	     /  \
	   --    --

Quoting Rob Sterenborg <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
        > I just buy my first 16 static ip pack and I am wondering what can I do
        > to assign these ips to some workstation that I have.
        > Something like this
        >
        > =========
        > =             =
        > =   Lan     =     == Linux Box === Modem/router === Internet >>> =
        > = =========
        >
        > Lets say I have local ips like 10.0.0.0/24 and "real" static ips like
        > 195.170.2.1 , 195.170.2.2 and so on....
        > And I want for every local ip to assing a static one.

        You might want to use the NETMAP target for this :
        http://www.netfilter.org/patch-o-matic/pom-base.html#pom-base-NETMAP

        (Yes : if you don't have this module already, you have to patch and
        compile your own kernel and iptables.)

        > In a few words I want every single workstation to have its
        > own static ip..
        > A friend of mine told to that I have to use POSTROUTING and PREROUTING
        > and here is that I confused...
        > Anyone can help me / tell me what exactly have to do to make
        > this work ?

        There is an example in the above url.

        But, if you are confused by this then I think you also want to read up
        in Oskars tutorial...
        http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/iptables-tutorial.html

        Gr,
        Rob