RE: NAT with iptables / linux

> I just buy my first 16 static ip pack and I am wondering what can I do
> to assign these ips to some workstation that I have.
> Something like this
>
> =========
> =             =
> =   Lan     =     == Linux Box === Modem/router === Internet >>> =
> = =========
>
> Lets say I have local ips like 10.0.0.0/24 and "real" static ips like
> 195.170.2.1 , 195.170.2.2 and so on....
> And I want for every local ip to assing a static one.

You might want to use the NETMAP target for this :
http://www.netfilter.org/patch-o-matic/pom-base.html#pom-base-NETMAP

(Yes : if you don't have this module already, you have to patch and
compile your own kernel and iptables.)

> In a few words I want every single workstation to have its
> own static ip..
> A friend of mine told to that I have to use POSTROUTING and PREROUTING
> and here is that I confused...
> Anyone can help me / tell me what exactly have to do to make
> this work ?

There is an example in the above url.

But, if you are confused by this then I think you also want to read up
in Oskars tutorial...
http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/iptables-tutorial.html

Gr,
Rob