Re: Filtered Port

On Tuesday 2006-January-31 08:17, Scott Mayo wrote:
> I still have no idea why port 3389 is shown as being filtered.  I
> have no rules in my iptables that explicitly filter it.

This is normal for a forwarded port which cannot get replies back to
the originator. Closed means you get an icmp-port-unreachable reply
back. Open means the SYN/ACK connection negotiation succeeds (although
with a stealth scan you do not complete the negotiation.) Filtered
means ... anything else. You don't get anything back.