bridge and FORWARD chain

Friends,

  I  have  a linux bridge, using bridge-utils... I've worked with bridges before
  and never had the problem I'm having now...

  The  packets go from interface to interface, but never reach the FORWARD chain
  on iptables... How is that possible?

  Here's  an  example...  The  bridge  has  an  uptime of 17hrs, working with no
  problems at all, yet, no packets on FORWARD chain...

# uptime
 17:54:46 up 17:54, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
# iptables -L -vn
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 5262 packets, 1012K bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination

Chain FORWARD (policy DROP 0 packets, 0 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 2953 packets, 940K bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination

 The  main  reason of this bridge is to filter some unwanted traffic coming from
 the network behind it... So, I need the FORWARD chain for that...

 Anything on /proc or something that can disable it?

--
Marcelus Trojahn