Re: Bridge rule info?

On Saturday 2006-January-14 15:53, Ishwar Rattan wrote:
> I have a debian based Linux box connected to dept LAN
> with iptables running. I am interested in eth0 and tun0
> bridge (br0) on this box.

Doublecheck that. I don't think a tun interface can participate in a
bridge, because tun is TCP/IP, layer 3, whereas bridging occurs at
layer 2, Ethernet. The same driver (tun) can provide tap (virtual
Ethernet) devices as well.

> If I remove the firewall first and
> then set up the bridge, it works as promised. If the firewall
> is brought up the bridge stops. So, I am looking for a
> way for bridge and firewall to work together.

Then you most likely are using rules which prevent the bridge from
working! This is not a "smart question" (see the well-known catb.org
link) because you have given us nothing to work with.

    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header