Bridge rule info?

I have a debian based Linux box connected to dept LAN
with iptables running. I am interested in eth0 and tun0
bridge (br0) on this box. If I remove the firewall first and
then set up the bridge, it works as promised. If the firewall
is brought up the bridge stops. So, I am looking for a
way for bridge and firewall to work together.

Any ideas?
-ishwar