Re: string help

Noman Liaquat wrote:
> I want to replace string "hello" with "abcd" how i
> could do with iptables mangle, patch-o-matic is
> working fine

Firstly, since kernel >= 2.6.14 you don't need the string match in
pom-ng anymore.

About your question: such kind of replacement that you want to do is
evil. Think about a TCP connection, if you modify the size of the packet
the sequence number will be corrupted. So, adding support for replacing
a string with another string of the same size would be fine. Whatever
else would be broken.

--
Pablo