Re: blocking ipaddresses

Thank you for the info.  Wish I could ditch windows.  It will never happen here.
 I would like to have an entire linux base with absolutely no windows machines
at all.  Unfortunately Microsoft is very ingrained in the software that is
used, and Mac has too many quirks to be a viable solution across the board.  I
have been fighting tooth and nail to keep all Windows servers out of my
network.  All of my public servers are linux, my internal servers are linux,
Novell and OS X.  There are some windows servers at the CO that were there
before I came on board.  Would:
$IPC -A FORWARD -p tcp -s 12.120.25.14 -j DROP work better.  I tried -t filter
and got some complaints.  I want to block the sites, but not slow down the
firewall.  Ive been reading the posts to the list for about a year now and have
picked up some info.  My firewall rules are extremely complex (at least to me).

thanks,

ddh

--
Dwayne Hottinger