Re: Can I use ip_conntrack_ftp on a server firewall ?

Okay I have ip_conntrack_ftp loaded in /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config.

Still it must require some rules to use it.

Well, you obviously need to allow the initial incoming connection to
port 21.  Beyond that, all you should need are the usual rules to
allow all ESTABLISHED and RELATED traffic.  With the conntrack
module working, the ftp-data connection will be recognized as
RELATED.  Unless there NAT involved (requiring use of the ip_nat_ftp
module), it should "just work".

I added a NEW and it now "just works" with Windows Internet Explorer as well as Unix FTP.

Aaron