RE: tarpit before or after adding chain?

We have a class /21 block so it's more than a few a day for us.  So I
just do it for general purposes.  But yes, you do not have to drop
connection tracking for this.  In our case, it's a couple per second and
our connection tracking gets filled up pretty quick.

But just because he is running Linux doesn't make this invalid.  We use
Linux boxes to slow people from hitting the windows boxes with their
afflicted boxes.  So it suddenly makes sense to do what he is doing if
he is using it in that capacity.

When these rules go off on our boxes we use it to build out temporary
filter rules as well using some scripts.

We